Marie-Claire Olivier, LLB
Marie-Claire is a duly admitted Attorney and has the right to appear in both the Western Cape and Gauteng High Courts.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Law from the University of Stellenbosch and completed, inter alia, a Diploma in Advanced Corporate Law (which she passed with distinction) and an Advanced Short Course in Business Rescue Practice.
Marie-Claire is an accomplished litigator. Her litigation experience covers a broad range of legal issues, including complex civil litigation. She has extensive experience in litigating in the Magistrates’ Court, High Court, Supreme Court of Appeal, Constitutional Court and both AFSA and private arbitrations. She also drafts and reviews commercial agreements, legal opinions and advises on various aspects of corporate and commercial law.
Some of the fields and areas of Law in which Marie-Claire has experience are as follows:
- Administration law
- Commercial law, including drafting and vetting of commercial agreements
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial property litigation
- Company law, including intimate knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. the Companies Act 2008
- Consumer law, including but not limited to the National Credit Act and the Consumer Protection Act
- Debt recoveries
- Due diligence
- Employment, labour and business law
- Family law, divorce and maintenance matters
- General litigation in the Constitutional Court, Supreme Court of Appeal, the High Court, the Regional and District Magistrates’ Courts, AFSA and private arbitrations
- Insolvency law
- Insurance law, including opinions, insurance litigation, recoveries, third party approaches and the law pertaining to repudiations/rejections
- Landlord and tenant disputes and the law relating to evictions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Motor vehicle insurance litigation and motor vehicle insurance recoveries
- Property law
- Tax law
- Trust law